Thursday, January 31, 2013

B is for Books - We Got Our Library Card!


Yay us!  Today we went and got our very first library card!  We made the long, five mile trek :) to our local library and explored it a bit, to see if their children's section was worth our time.

I had faith in their children's section the second we walked in the door - they had the alphabet taped to the floor leading straight from the door to the kid's area.  

O was immediately stoked, and began running back and forth on the alphabet, calling out the letters he saw. (I wasn't too stoked about the loud clunking of his winter boots…but hey, no one else seemed to mind…)

We followed the alphabet and found a very cute little area built up for the kiddos! O was first interested in the computers, of course - my little technology oriented child. 
(Personally, I'm a big fan of the computers overlooking the children's nook…I can catch up on some correspondence while the boys explore!)

But after some redirection, we went in and explored their space.


After a bit of manic running around and exploring the toys in the center of the room, O began flipping through one of the rows of books.  He found a Thomas the Train book and brought it to me!  I set him up at the table, and he began flipping through the pages, "reading" based on what he saw on the picture (so very cute!).  Xander then brought me a big board book about trucks.  I sat him with O at the table…and the both actually sat their quietly for five minutes paging through their respective books….color me shocked!

We stayed until the boys started going manic again, and were running around, in and out of the kids' space.  I didn't want to disturb the others sitting around, reading, and flipping through books.

On our way out, we found a super neat ball maze:
The boys were entertained by this endlessly…I had to drag them away from it for us to go home!

It was a great experience, and I'm excited to add library trips to our weekly agenda!

Now if you will excuse me, I must go to the kitchen and sweep up the Kix that my boys JUST decided to dump all over my floor.  Boys!



No comments:

Post a Comment